This page is mainly meant for my own reference, but I figured I might as well
put it up as well because, um, er, well, just because.
- Removed the guestbook, because all it ever gets anymore is people trying to spam through it.
- Man, this site is old.
- Updated the friends page. It was probably the single most out-of-date part of the site. Come on, people... stop putting your web sites up and down and up and down and up and...!
- wow. it's been long enough that i've changed date format preference. now that is telling. anyway, it'll be quickest just to quote what i said on the index page:
Yes, i'm back. After taking this site down sometime shortly after February 1998 explicitly because i was sick of it, i've finally realised that i'm obviously not going to do anything to replace it anytime soon, so here it is, back again and essentially unchanged. yuck.
anyway, that and a few minor tweaks to make things work again, and get rid of the most unsightly bits (amazing... you thought those were the unsightly bits!)
28-01-98, at a more reasonable time of day...
- title graphic animation finished. i'm not as pleased with it as i expected, but i think that comes of having only a mouse to work with... what i wouldn't give for a graphics tablet!
- added ecto to the friends page. it's sort of a meta-friend.
28-01-98, in the wee hours...
- i really didn't like the 2.1 logo much, so i redid it! stay tuned for spiffy animation... it's too late to do that right now though. *yawn* ... time for bed.
- yikes, i haven't done anything to these pages in ages! (pages in ages... hmmmmm.) well, for the first update of the new year, i've added a bit of new nonsense. see if you can find it. (or, if you're really not the treasure hunting type, just follow that link...)
- IT'S FAE!!
- many minor updates to accommodate the new directory structure incurred by chez jumeaux
- spam-proofing of email addresses
- removed the vegetarianism page pending a major overhaul... which will happen eventually.
- various minor site-wide changes (finally added width and height tags to all the little "follow the bananas" graphics, for instance).
- animated the trouble at the valencommune logo.
- new review of mid-flinx in the plants section.
- we just installed a late beta of macos 8 on the mac at work, and repartitioned the hard drive, etc, etc. in honour of the occasion, i renamed the computer 'pepe le mac', and just so they'd have something to remember me by here (i'm leaving in half a month) i created a little icon for the hard disk, to go with the name. i liked it so much i had to stick it on my index page. :) i also made and added a little parody of that obnoxious "made on a mac" graphic all the devotees who happen to be devoted to the mac like so much...
- added a new section about plants in science fiction.
- slotted the spiffy new background (i had fun creating that!) into the vegetarianism page as well.
- finally added the damon & company picture to the damons everywhere page!
- cleaned up the index page a bit.
- combined the guestbook and writing feedback forms into one, and updated them/it. this frenzy of activity was spawned when i got some feedback i wanted to reply to, and realised i hadn't provided a space for someone to enter their name/email/etc.!
- cleaned up the damons everywhere page a bit.
- pondered taking out the silly "definition of damon" page altogether, but decided not to for some unfathomable reason.
- added a cute li'l picture of my goober!
- my jum has her new pages up! get to them via my friends page. egads, though, this whole site is up for a remake...
- added a work page, though it's not linked
from the paukarut.
- one must always have a disclaimer. yes indeed.
- got rid of the ix-y grey background in the
trouble at the valencommune pages as
well, plus made minor layout changes.
- finally realised that the stuff at
the bottom of the index page would be better off in a table. played around.
remembered that html is braindead. mucked until i came up with something that
displayed more or less the way i wanted, though if it looks bad in any
particular browser, i'd like to know.
- added a "proud to be a squeegee paul" button on the
index page... thanks fil!
- added my email address to the index
page, since the fact that it wasn't there has come up twice in
the past two days. and I'd honestly thought it was there!
- removed that silly "this site is best viewed with" banner from the top
of the index page. ahhhh... much nicer.
people not using an appropriate browser will just have to remain confused.
late august or maybe early september
- updated something, but for the life of me i just can't remember
what it was. good luck finding it!
- spent entirely too long shrinking the
cool bananas animated piqture so
the file size would be reasonable.
- added a little something i did on a graphics tablet for my
- added some things and made other minor updates to the
- my pook is my best
friend. wull, she has been for a long time,
but now i've finally updated my pages to reflect that.
- added a page for my pook.
- added my garbanzo the greek recipe.
- made relevant changes to the vegetarianism page.
follow the bouncy bananas back to the Paukarut...
All material copyright © 1996-2000 by Damon Harper.
All rights reserved.