Breakfast Chez Jumeaux
A tasty and satisfying porridge.
- 1 cup mixed broken cereal grains or the following, pre-broken or chopped briefly in a food processor:
- 1/4 cup oat flakes
- 1/4 cup barley flakes
- 1/4 cup wheat flakes
- 1/8 cup rye flakes
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon hulled millet
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup sultanas or other raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw sugar, to taste
Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until water is absorbed and porridge is thick and sticky. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
Serve plain or with soymilk and/or brown or raw sugar to taste.